I am fascinated by the idea of watching birds and conserving nature at the same time. I am an avid world birder with a particular interest in Ecuador. As a leading birding figure in my country, I have formed and managed bird organizations, published bird books, and promoted bird data collection. I am specialized in gathering, managing, and publishing data generated by the citizen-science project eBird. I am very keen on geographic information systems (GIS) and data management tools to create bird distribution maps and alike. As a conservationist, I am involved in species and site conservation projects by major conservation organizations.
I run my own company (KAB Ecology) that conducts ecological surveys and writes impact assessment reports for major development projects in Turkey and abroad. I have good communication skills and enjoy forming and managing teams and connecting people and nature.
- Ecological Surveys
- Bird Conservation
- Geographical Information Systems
- Citizen Science Data
- MSc, Ecology – University of East Anglia
- BSc, Biology – Middle East Technical University
- KAB Ecology (2019-)
- Independent Ecological Consultant (2009-2018)
- Licensed Tourist Guide (2008-2015)
- BirdLife International, Quito (2002-2005)
- Books: Field Guides in Turkish. Turkish names of the birds of the world.
- Maps: Distribution maps in Birds of Turkey.
- Data: Manager of eBird Turkey, Turkish Breeding Bird Atlas
- Broadcasting: Şehir Kuşçusu (Urban Birder), NTV Radio
- Clubs: Turkish Bird Records Committee, Istanbul Bird Watching Club, METU Birdwatching Club